Strawberry Crème Crumble Bars are sweet crumbly dessert bars with an oatmeal cookie crust, and a streusel topping; your whole family will love them!
As I sit here writing up the recipe for these Strawberry Crème Crumble Bars I’m nibbling on the last bar. I’m savoring it. Oh man, are these good!
A nice oatmeal cookie with a light strawberries and cream filling, all crowned with an oatmeal streusel topping. And there are little bits of fresh strawberry in the crème filling that you come across as you nibble! So good I tell you!
These bars didn’t last long around here, and I admit that I didn’t share many of them.
These Strawberry Crème Crumble Bars are part of a recipe challenge that I’m involved in with some blogger friends of mine. This month’s challenge was to come up with a recipe using fresh strawberries. Can you tell that I’m really happy with the outcome of my recipe!!! I tell you, this one’s a keeper! And, I’d be willing to bet that all the other recipes involved with the challenge are awesome! Take a look below for all the recipes. I promise, you’ll be glad you did!
You can also take a look at my new Pinterest Board dedicated to the little summery red fruits of goodness (aka strawberries!).
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum
- About ¾ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 can 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a square 8x8 baking pan, and set aside.
- Place the ¾ cup sliced strawberries in a small glass dish and sprinkle with the granulated sugar, and stir together. Set aside to macerate while you work on the rest of the bars.
- In a large mixing bowl or using a stand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until crumbly.
- In a separate smaller mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add oats to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well. Press about ¾ of the oat mixture into the prepared 8x8 pan.
- Using a blender, blend the macerated strawberries until no chunks remain. Measure ¼ cup of the blended strawberries (you may eat any remaining strawberry puree with a spoon) and add that to a small bowl. Mix in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Spread milk mixture evenly on top of the oat mixture in the pan. Place the sliced strawberries on top of the milk mixture, and top with the remaining oat mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.
Check out all the other lovely strawberry recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Strawberry Challenge.
- Strawberry Pound Cake by Lovefoodies
- Strawberry Crisp by Num’s the Word
- Strawberry Creme Bars by Life Currents
- Strawberry popsicles (ice lollies) by Culinary Ginger
- Strawberry Pudding by The Kitchen is My Playground
- Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Angle Food Cake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Fresh Strawberry and Peach Salsa by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Glazed Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf by Who Needs A Cape?
- Strawberry BBQ Chicken by Savory Experiments
- Strawberry Zabaione by Blessed Beyond Crazy
- Frozen Strawberry Easy Dessert by Noshing With The Nolands