Spicy Sausage, Baby Potatoes, and Snap Peas
Like I said the other day, I’ve been on a snap pea kick lately. I really love their bright happy green color and their snappy crispy outlook on life.
I used a lovely vegan Andouille sausage from Tofurky Brand (I also love their Kielbasa sausages). These Andouille sausages have a really nice spiciness. Now, as always, substitute whatever sausage you’d like: pork or chicken, your choice. Just make sure it’s fully cooked, either when you buy it, or cook it before adding it to this dish.
I also used my homemade Sun-Dried Tomatoes in this dish. The added sweetness of the sun-dried tomatoes was perfect! It’s really easy to make your own Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and it’s way cheaper! Take a look here for instructions. If you’re making this recipe with dry-packed store-bought sun dried tomatoes you’ll want to soften them first. Here’s how… place dried tomatoes in a small bowl, and cover with 1 cup of boiling water. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Drain and proceed with the recipe.
- 12 ounces baby potatoes or fingerling potatoes cut in quarters or halves
- 6 ounces snap peas tips trimmed and strings removed
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 fully cooked andouille sausage sliced
- 1/3 cup of sun dried tomatoes chopped in half
- 1 tablespoon thyme plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth water, or dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more for garnish
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook 7 minutes or until almost tender. Add snap peas and chopped shallots, and cook 3 minutes or until tender. Drain, and place in a medium bowl. Add sausage and sun dried tomatoes to veggies in bowl, and gently toss to combine.
- While potatoes cook, combine thyme through pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk or fork. Drizzle dressing over veggies once the veggies are done cooking, and gently toss again to combine.
- This can be served over a bed of greens as well.