There’s nothing better than enjoying a refreshing summer peach mojito poolside or at the beach. Heck, anywhere you can enjoy a tasty beverage made with fresh peaches, mint and rum, that’s the place to be!
I’ve been on a big fresh produce kick lately. Maybe it’s because all the farmer’s markets are starting to get amazing spring and summer fruits and veggies in. Maybe it’s because the pull of summer is to eat a little healthier. Maybe it’s because fruits are so amazing in the summer. And, peaches are pretty much my favorite summer fruit!
For this peach mojito I went fairly straightforward. If you want to add a little club soda for a fizzy beverage, please feel free. A peach flavored seltzer water would be amazing here as well. But you don’t need those fizzy waters to make a great mojito; a little fresh summer fruit, a little mint, and some rum are all you really need to get the party started.
Depending on the sweetness of your peaches, consider adding a little sugar to help muddle the fruit. If you get peaches at the height of summer sweetness, you won’t need any extra sugar. Those babies won’t need that extra sweetness.
And, as for the rum, any white rum will be great. A nice clean taste. I would also consider using coconut rum for a nice tropical taste. Yum!
Here’s to summer and all those amazing summer fruits and this refreshing peach mojito. Cheers!
If you like what you see, click the yum button: Yum
Or, add to a Flipboard magazine Add to Flipboard Magazine.
- 1 ripe peach , skin removed and roughly chopped
- Small handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime , juiced
- 1 teaspoon sugar , optional
- 1 ½ ounces white rum
- In a mixing glass, muddle (smash) peach, mint, lime juice, and sugar (if using). Add the rum to the muddled fruit. Fill a tall glass with ice and pour the mixture over the ice.
- Mix the mojito: pour the mixture back into the mixing glass, and back into the tall drinking glass. Garnish with additional mint and lime slices as desired.