I raise my glass to you, and wish you a happy and safe Saint Patrick’s Day!
May you have warm words on a cold evening,
a full moon on a dark night,
and the road downhill all the way to your door.
And, in my glass tomorrow, you’ll probably find a Kiss of the Irish Coffee.
- 1 ½ oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup whole milk or half and half
- Large handful of ice
- Whipped cream green color optional, recipe below*
- Pour Bailey’s, sugar, coffee, and milk in a shaker. Add ice. Shake like the dickens. Strain from shaker to mug or glass. Float cold green whipped cream gently on top.
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 drops green food color
- ½ teaspoon powdered sugar
- Place all ingredients in a cold bowl and whip with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
May your troubles be less,
And your blessing be more.
And nothing but happiness,
Come through your door.