Italian Dressing is the third and final recipe ingredient in the next Childhood Favorites Remade. Apricot Jam, Onion Soup Mix, and now, Italian Dressing. Have you figured it out yet? Kind of a weird grouping, I know. But, I tell you it was one of my favorites when I was a kid.
If you want to jump ahead to the end, here’s the final dish: Italian Apricot Stew or Italian Apricot Chicken.
We’ve been eating this Italian Dressing all week around here. It’s delicious! It’s so easy to make your own dressing. No need to rely on store-bought with added stuff you don’t want. Just keep the dry ingredients in a jar or a bag in your cupboard, and when you want a little salad, just mix the dry stuff into a little oil and vinegar. Voila! Homemade and super yummy. All those herbs and spices getting all cozy on your leafy salad greens. Just awesome.
I really like all the herbs and spices in this one. Just filled with flavor! And it transforms a simple green salad into something wonderful!
You could even make up the dry ingredients and package up the dry mix with some instructions as a gift for someone.
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a ziptop bag or jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake well to combine.
- Combine 2 tablespoons Italian Dressing Mix to ½ cup vinegar and 2/3 cup oil in a dressing container or jar. Shake or stir well to combine.
Adapted from The Dainty Chef