About this time of year most people I know are having holiday parties or have been invited to a holiday potluck. I usually want to serve something hot and tasty, but what? Especially if you’re supposed to bring an appetizer, what then?
Well, here’s a great suggestion, Hot Tuna-Artichoke Spread.
It’s a nice twist on spinach dip. And, it’s perfect served all hot and cheesy with some French bread or crackers. People love it! It’ll be gone in a flash!
I’ve been writing Island Trollers Albacore Tuna recipes for over a year now! Wow, how time flies! Here’s my first recipe with this fresh sustainable tuna, and how their amazing seafood spoiled me! I really can’t say enough good stuff about their super tasty tuna & how fresh it is. Go say hi on their Facebook page too! Tell ’em Life Currents sent you.
As a reminder, if you’re making these recipes with Island Trollers Albacore Tuna, you don’t want to drain off those tasty juices from the can; they’re the juices from the fish itself, not just plain ol’ water or oil. Those juices are loaded with Omega 3s. So, it might feel a little weird not to drain the tuna, but don’t do it.
Any of the Island Trollers flavors would be awesome in this spread. The jalapeno would add some more spice. The garlic would be lovely. The habanero would kick it up! I used the original flavor. I think all the flavors rock!
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained (or 8 oz steamed artichoke hearts)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large shallot coarsely chopped
- 1 Serrano chile stemmed, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 can 7.5 ounce Island Trollers Tuna, undrained
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Place all ingredients except the tuna, in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Place the cream cheese mixture in a shallow baking dish. In a separate small bowl, flake the tuna into bite sizes pieces. Add flaked tuna and all the tuna juices to the cream cheese mixture, and stir to combine.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until lightly brown on top. Serve hot with crackers, tortilla chips, or sliced French bread.