I’ve been so busy lately- WHEW!
Not much to give you as far as a new recipe this week, but I’ll share one of my favorite ways to cook potatoes. This one is nice and summery- great to serve at a BBQ. And, with Memorial Day coming up, this might be a great one to try.
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum
- 2 pounds Yukon Golds or other yellow-fleshed potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs such as parsley chives, rosemary
- 1-2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices or in half if they are small potatoes. Cook potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water about 10-15 minutes. The potatoes will not be cooked completely through at this point. The remainder of the cooking will be done on the grill.
- Meanwhile, stir together herbs, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in a large shallow dish. Prepare a gas grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-high heat. Or, heat grill pan over medium-high heat for indoor cooking.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to herb oil, tossing gently to coat.
- Place potatoes on grill or in preheated grill pan on stove. Grill potatoes, covered, turning once or twice, until tender, about 5-10 minutes total. Season with additional salt to taste (I like Fleur de Sel at this point as a finishing salt).
Some shots of veggies in my garden, as well. Veggies have been occupying much of my cooking this week… maybe because it’s getting warmer, maybe because the veggies at the market look so good right now. There are lots of Farmer’s Markets out there too- stop by & see what’s in season.