Grilled Stuffed Zucchini
I love fresh produce that’s simply prepared. And it doesn’t get much easier than this Grilled Stuffed Zucchini. These zucchini can actually be done in the oven too, but in these warm summer and fall months, I love the use of the grill to keep all the heat outside. And, who wants to turn on the oven now? Not this girl!
So, feel free to choose whichever method works better for you on whatever day you’re making these awesome fresh and yummy stuffed zucchini.
These zucchini can be a year round simple treat. Great as a side dish at a special dinner like Christmas or Thanksgiving. Equally welcome as a simple side with some grilled fish for a light summer dinner.
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces herbed goat cheese or herbed cream cheese cut into thin strips or small chunks
- small bunch fresh herbs such as chives, green onion, oregano, basil, or rosemary, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- pinch salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut out 4 rectangles of foil large enough to wrap each zucchini, and drizzle a little oil on each piece of foil.
- Cut a thin triangular slit along the length of each zucchini, and remove the extra (you can snack on this little extra bit).
- Insert pieces of the cheese into the slits in the zucchini. Sprinkle with some herbs, black pepper, and salt. Drizzle each zucchini with a little oil.
- Wrap each zucchini in the prepared foil. If grilling: place the wrapped zucchini directly on the grill grates, and close the lid of the grill. Cook for about 25 minutes, or until you can hear the oil sizzling and the zucchini is tender. If baking: place the wrapped zucchini in a large casserole dish or on a baking sheets, and bake in the 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until you can hear the oil sizzling and the zucchini is tender.