You’ve been working really hard following along with the healthy eating cleanse. And, well, let’s face it, you’d like a treat. But, you don’t want to undo all that hard work that you’ve done. Here’s the answer: Creamy Healthy Chocolate Pudding.
It’s only about 250 calories per serving. It’s high in protein and calcium, and low in sugar. And, it really satisfies. But, don’t eat the whole thing by yourself. I swear, it’s two servings. Share it!
You don’t need to tell your family that it’s healthy. Everyone will just love the flavor and the richness of this thick wonderful comforting pudding. And, it’s so much better and fresher tasting than the boxed kind.
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons low-fat or non-fat milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 ounce light cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings* for garnish
- Combine chocolate and milk in a small microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. If needed, microwave an additional 15 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Combine next 5 ingredients, cottage cheese through vanilla in food processor or blender, and blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice. Add chocolate mixture, and continue to process until smooth and blended.
- Spoon 1/3 cup pudding into each of 2 serving dishes. Top with chocolate shavings.
Adapted from Health Magazine
Adapted From Health Magazine