Here’s my Awesome Wrap that I made with some super yummy Awesome Sauce! I think it’s the perfect lunch! And, I must admit that I’ve had several of these lately. Healthy, yummy, lots of colors and textures. Fun!
Keep it vegan or, if you want, add some cheese to your wrap. If you want to add more protein, add some cubed tofu, chicken, or turkey. White beans would be a lovely addition as well. I made one for the husband the other day with some shredded chicken in it, he loved it!
And, the wrap is what you want it to be! Add in your favorite veggies. Or, add in whatever’s leftover in the fridge.
Here’s the wrap guide…
- First, start with a good wrap like a lavash (I’ve found a really good lavash at Trader Joe’s), a large tortilla, naan, any flatbread, heck, even use large lettuce leaves or kale leaves as your wrap if you want it to be gluten-free. If your bread is a little dry you might want to toast it in a dry skillet or in an oven. Or, warm it in the microwave for about 30 seconds with a damp paper towel until it’s flexible and won’t break when you roll it. Place the wrap on a flat surface.
- Next, a good smear of Awesome Sauce down the center of the wrap.
- Load in the veggies like red pepper, red onion, broccoli, broccolini, snap peas, lettuce, corn kernels, a little chopped Serrano chile for spice, avocado, zucchini, really just about any veggie will work here! Try keeping the fillings from getting too close to the edges of the wrap, about an inch or two (depending on your wrap size) so that when you’re ready to roll it up all the fillings don’t fall out.
- Load in the additional proteins if desired.
- Next, once you’re happy with the fillings, gently and carefully roll the wrap around the fillings. You can make an open-ended wrap or a closed one. To make a closed-ended wrap, fold both the right and the left edges over the goodies and roll from the bottom. To make an open-ended wrap, fold only one edge. Use toothpicks to hold it together if desired. Depending on how big your wrap is, you may wish to cut it in half (make a pretty angle cut) with a sharp knife.
- Finally, serve it with additional Awesome Sauce on the side for dipping. Devour!
Oh, I will warn you, every one that I’ve made has been a bit messy. Or, maybe I’m just a messy eater. Either way, have a napkin ready!
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum