To finish off your Tapas night, a little dessert: Apricots with Basil-Cream Cheese and Almonds. Well, maybe it falls in the cheese course category, but with the honey and the apricot it’s on the sweet side, so I’d eat them at the end of the meal. That doesn’t mean you can’t nosh on the at any time or at any party.
Since these are so easy, they’d make a great appetizer for any party like a baby shower, bridal shower, open house, anything! And, they’re no-cook! Which is awesome for summer months when it’s just too darned hot to cook anything!
I like the Crock Pot Herbed Almonds for this, but you could use any that you choose. The crock pot almonds add a nice herb flavor and a little salt (which I think helps to balance the flavors).
I used soft cream cheese from a tub, not the whipped kind, but the kind you spread on bagels to make it easier to mix up.
If you’re keeping track of the Tapas Menu so far, we have Grilled Red Pepper and Garlic Dip, Manchego Crackers, and Crock Pot Almonds. And next up, I’ll give you a whole collection of recipes you can use to make a huge Tapas night spread. Or, you can just pick and choose from the list.
- 2 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 20 dried apricots
- 20 almonds preferably Crock Pot Herbed Almonds
- 1 teaspoon mild tasting honey
- Mix cream cheese, milk, and basil together with a fork until well combined and spreadable.
- Spread ½ teaspoon cheese mixture on each apricot and top each with an almond. Drizzle with honey.
For Printing: Find the Crock Pot Herbed Almonds recipe here: https://lifecurrents.dw2.net/crock-pot-herbed-almonds
Adapted from Sunset Magazine