These Wet Black Bean Burritos make a great Brown Bag lunch! They’re super easy to make, and really yummy! They would also make a fabulous Meatless Monday dinner dish!
I often like to make Mexican bowls for my husband for lunch: a little rice (this Chipotle Seasoned Rice was delicious with them!), the main ingredient, some salsa. So, this totally works. I place the rice in the bottom of the glass to-go container, and top it with the Wet Black Bean Burrito. Voila! Mexican lunch!
Use your favorite salsa for this dish. Remember if you’re making this for brown-bagging, the desk jockey probably doesn’t want anything too hot. It’s no good to sit at your desk with your brow sweating and your tongue tingling. But, homemade salsa or jarred salsa, it’s going to be great either way.
When I processed the black beans in the food processor I found that they stuck a little, so I added a spoonful or two of sour cream to loosen the mixture up a bit. I’ll definitely be making this one again, and I think I’d like to try adding a can of green chilies and some chopped zucchini to the filling before baking.
Make your own Chipotle Paste, it’s super easy. You’ll find the instructions here.
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chipotle paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 (6 to 8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- ½ cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place half of beans, chipotle paste, chili powder, and cumin in the bowl of a food processor; process until finely chopped, scraping down the sides of the bowl a few times. Add a little of the sour cream if necessary to loosen the mixture up.
- Stir together the pureed black beans, remaining whole beans, sour cream, and corn in a large bowl.
- Spoon ½ cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; place, seam side down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread salsa over tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- For printing: Chipotle Paste: http://lifecurrents.dw2.net/chipotle-paste/
- Garnish Baked Burritos with avocado, guacamole, chopped green onions, sour cream, or whatever your heart desires.