Spicy Lentil and Sweet Potato Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette Dressing
I created this Spicy Lentil and Sweet Potato Salad to showcase my Chipotle Vinaigrette Dressing. Now, you can use this dressing on any salad you like (I got a few comments about how it’d be great on a Taco Salad, and that sounds yummy!). We use the dressing all the time around here on just about any salad. But this salad with its combination of roasted sweet potatoes, sweet black grapes, earthy lentils, crunchy pepitas, and spicy dressing is so awesome!
You’ll find the instructions for the Roasted Sweet Potatoes here. I love these Sweet Potatoes for everything from breakfast to dinner. They make a great side dish, or a wonderful addition to Enchiladas or Salads.
I chose black lentils for this salad because of their pretty color. They’re also called Beluga Lentils because the little shiny black cooked lentils look like Beluga caviar. They’re super healthy too, high in protein and fiber. Dry lentils can be quickly cooked on the stove top; just follow the package directions. Or, you can use canned lentils if you want to make prep time a little shorter.
Pepitas are simply hulled pumpkin seeds. They’re super crunchy and delicious.
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup black grapes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup cooked black lentils
- 1 tablespoon roasted pepitas
- Chipotle Vinaigrette Dressing
- Place spinach on a plate and top with remaining ingredients. Drizzle Chipotle Dressing over the top; toss to coat, and devour!
- For Printing: Chipotle Vinaigrette Dressing: http://lifecurrents.dw2.net/chipotle-vinaigrette-dressing/
- For Printing: Roasted Sweet Potatoes Instructions: http://lifecurrents.dw2.net/roasted-sweet-potatoes/