These roasted honey glazed chickpeas (garbanzo beans) make a great crunchy sweet snack, that’ll help satisfy those afternoon cravings. If you add a little sea salt, you have a salty-sweet crunchy healthy snack. In addition, if you’re dealing with any nut allergies, these make a great substitution for honey glazed peanuts.
When measuring honey, lightly spray the cup with non-stick spray, then pour the honey in the cup. This will help the honey slide right out, leaving you with less mess and a better measurement.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup mild honey**
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly spray a 1-quart shallow baking dish with non-stick spray or use a well seasoned cast iron skillet. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except salt, mixing well. Place in the prepared dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until toasted and darkened in color, about 45 to 60 minutes, stirring once after 30 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, and sprinkle with salt, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cook's notes: *Rinse the beans until all the white foam is gone and the water runs clear. This foam is sodium, and by rinsing well you can rinse off much of the sodium.
- **When measuring honey, lightly spray the cup with non-stick spray, then pour the honey in the cup. This will help the honey slide right out, leaving you with less mess and a better measurement.