Roasted Chipotle & Garlic Baked Dip – cheesy and hot from the oven – this dip is so good. You are going to want to make this for your next party! And, it’s the next recipe I have for Tailgating Snacks Month!
Can I just say that I really love this dip. Maybe too much (I ate like half the batch all by myself)! It’s super easy to make, and hot from the oven it’s like pure comfort goodness! Whether you serve it with crackers, bread sticks, French bread, or veggies, everyone will love this!
I made mine with this Chipotle Chile Seasoning (that’s my Amazon affiliate link which if you buy something I’ll get a small percentage but it won’t cost you any extra). If you already have a Chipotle Spice or powder, feel free to use it. The one that I used isn’t too hot, so keep the spice level in mind for this dip. The cheese will help cut some of the heat from the chipotles. And, personally, I like a little tingly-ness in many of my dishes.
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, plus additional for sprinkling on top
- ¼ cup real mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Chopped green onion or chives for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer combine all ingredients, reserving some cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top. Transfer dip to an ovenproof baking dish, and bake uncovered 15 minutes. Carefully remove dish from oven, sprinkle reserved cheddar over the top and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until hot and melty. Garnish with green onion or chives, if desired. Serve with crackers, bread, bread sticks, or veggies.
- Makes 2 cups
- I often see serving size for sauces and dips at 2 tablespoons per serving, so that's the breakdown I used. But, I'm pretty sure I could eat WAY more than that in one sitting!