I’m very excited to be participating in this latest edition of Freaky Friday with a wonderful recipe for Mexican Cheese Ball with Spicy Tortilla Chips from Take Two Tapas.
Freaky Friday is an old-fashioned blog hop, where I make another blogger’s recipe. That blogger makes a recipe from someone, and if you clicked through all the way around all of the bloggers who are involved, you would get back to my blog! So, if you would be so kind as to hop around and take a look at everyone participating, I promise it’ll be fun, and you’ll get lots of great new recipe ideas!
I love the blog that I got… Take two Tapas. I mean, you know I love Tapas! And she says that she likes to make food in smaller portions so she can eat as much as she wants (I love that!). “Here on the blog we are sharing recipes for smaller portioned plates! We don’t believe that you need to go into a food coma when you eat, so we are making delicious food with big flavors, but with smaller portions. You can find yummy salads, savory dishes to make a meal out of, soups that will warm your soul, and sweets to satisfy that won’t make you loosen your belt a notch!” How awesome is that!
Besides the great recipe for Mexican Cheese Ball with Spicy Tortilla Chips that I made for you today, I found lots of other yummy looking goodies on Take Two Tapas, including Puff Pastry Cinnamon Roll Bites and Powerballs with Dates, Chocolate, and Macadamia Nuts. I hope to be making both of these really soon!
I can’t tell you the number of “that’s cheese ball” jokes I heard around the house the week that I made this. But, cheesy jokes aside, I love the ease and yumminess of this Mexican Cheese Ball! It can be made ahead of time and put out when you’re ready to eat it!
You know I love Mexican food, and this has all the yummy Mexican flavors of green chiles and Taco Seasoning. I used my homemade Taco Seasoning for this; find the recipe here. If you use a store-bought Taco Seasoning, check the ingredients to see if there’s salt. If so, cut back on the amount of salt you add to the cheese ball.
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces of Pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces of Mexican style cheese, shredded
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 can (4 ounce)chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons Taco Seasoning http://lifecurrents.dw2.net/homemade-taco-seasoning/
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional taco seasoning and chili powder for garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, or in a stand mixer, combine all the ingredients for the cheese ball. Using your hands, shape the cheese mixture into a ball and place on a piece of parchment. Wrap cheese ball in plastic until ready to serve. When ready to serve, dust with taco seasoning and chili powder.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small dish, mix the oil with the cumin and chili powder.
- Cut the tortillas in wedges, and brush or toss the tortillas with the spiced oil. Bake 7-10 minutes or until toasty brown and fragrant.
- Serve Spicy Tortilla Chips with the Mexican Cheese Ball.
- Since this is an appetizer that's meant to be shared, I'm only guessing at the number of servings
- Find the recipe for Homemade Taco Seasoning here http://lifecurrents.dw2.net/homemade-taco-seasoning/