Hot Crab Dip
I posted about my Crab Stuffed Baked Potatoes that I made for Christmas Eve dinner, and in that post I said the filling made more that you’ll need for the potatoes, so to bake it up and serve it as a dip. This filling is so good that it deserves a place of its own. So, I bring you, Hot Crab Dip!
This stuff is so good. We stood around eating it instead of making lunch, and it was gone lickety-split! I would totally make this for watching the game!
It’s easy to make too. Simple to just mix all the ingredients together and pop in the oven.
You can make it with real crab as well, but sometimes it’s nice to just have the option of not getting fresh crab.
Hot Crab Dip
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces imitation crab meat, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus additional for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350° F, and position oven rack in the middle.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Stir in crab meat, chopped green onion, and mozzarella cheese. Spoon dip into an oven proof dish, and sprinkle the top with a bit more shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly and cheese has browned.
- Serve with chips, crackers, veggies, or slices of bread.