When I made homemade egg bagels I wanted to make some special flavored cream cheeses. Well, the homemade bagels are all gone, but this Gingerbread Butter would have been fabulous on them. For that matter, Gingerbread Butter would be great on any bread like bagels, biscuits, French bread, or even French toast, pancakes or waffles. Try topping a baked sweet potato with this festive butter. Or, make a hot buttered rum – gingerbread style! Mmm, so many things you could do with this.
Maybe I’ll serve it at my Christmas brunch. Oh, maybe French toast with Gingerbread Butter and Butter Pecan Syrup. Or is that gilding the lily?
This butter kind of reminds me of the apple butter at Lucille’s BBQ; but this is better because you made it yourself. And, it’s so festive.
It’s really easy to make in the food processor. I used my mini 2-cup processor. If you don’t have a food processor you could still make this, but it’ll be a little chunkier because the pecans won’t be chopped as finely. Just use a sturdy fork to thoroughly mix all the ingredients, then mix in your finely chopped pecans.
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread pecans on a cookie sheet, and bake 6-7 minutes or until toasted (this can also be done in the toaster oven). Allow pecans to cool.
- Process pecans in a food processor until coarsely ground. Add softened butter and remaining ingredients. Pulse until well blended. Place in a small bowl, cover, and chill until ready to serve. Allow butter to sit at room temperature about 30 minutes to soften before serving.
- Makes 3/4 cup