As many of you know, the husband always makes a special dessert for my birthday. After last year’s huge endeavor (and that’s putting it lightly) of the darkest chocolate crepe cake, I took pity on him and chose something a little easier this year. (Also take a look at 2010’s wonderful birthday dessert, Lemon Cloud Tart with Salted Caramel Sauce.)
I actually choose a two-part treat for 2012. One to sip while I waited to eat the other. The sipping part was an espresso martini. And, the eating part was a red bean paste filled crepe (you know those traditional Korean or Japanese pastries). Both the martini and the red bean crepe were oh so yummy. I’m still writing up the red bean crepe post, so in the meantime, here’s the espresso martini for everyone to enjoy.
- 1 oz cold espresso or strong coffee
- 1 ½ oz Grey Goose vodka
- 1 ½ oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 oz white crème de cacao
- Pour ingredients into shaker filled with ice, shake vigorously, and strain into chilled martini glass.
- And, let me tell you, it's delish! Enjoy!
- Makes 1 Martini