The other day I needed an easy dinner idea. One that would be tasty, and I was interested in trying something kinda new, but still familiar.
I know, I wanted it all – taste, easy, comfort-food.
That’s how I decided to try this Nacho Pasta. And, it was amazing! Everything I wanted it to be!
Well, you remember that Nacho Dip I posted a couple months ago, right? That became the inspiration for this easy Nacho Pasta. I took that Easy Nacho Dip, tossed it on some pasta, and added a bunch of veggies, and Nacho Pasta was born. I’ll totally make this again because it was so easy and so yummy. I even think it’d be great to serve to company when you want a nice easy comforting dish.
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum
- ½ box small shaped pasta
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup Bertolli® Alfredo sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Once the water boils, add the pasta, cooking according to package directions.
- While you’re waiting for the water to boil, place the frozen peas in bottom of a pasta strainer. Add the next 5 ingredients (Alfredo sauce through cayenne pepper) to a small saucepan, and over medium heat, stir until cream cheese has melted and sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Place the broccoli florets in a microwave safe bowl with a couple tablespoons water, cover with an upside down plate, and microwave on high for 1 minute. Drain the cooked broccoli into the strainer with the peas.
- Once the pasta is cooked through, pour the boiling water over the peas and broccoli through the strainer, and drain the cooked pasta.
- Place the drained pasta and veggies back in the same large pot, and toss in the nacho sauce. Gently mix in the sauce.