I realized the other day that my favorite pizza sauce didn’t have a post of its own. I mean, I’ve shared the recipe before, but only on other pizza recipes. And, since it’s such a favorite in this house now, I thought it deserved a nice little space all its own!
We use it all the time. If there isn’t a jar in the fridge, I’ve probably stashed it in the freezer. Just thaw it in the microwave, or take it out of the freezer the day before you want to use it.
It’s thick and rich, with a little sweetness and a little heat. It’s filled with herbs and spices, and requires no cooking! Just stir it all together. Super easy and yummy! And, it goes great on lots of different pizzas.
You’ve seen me use this sauce in:
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl, and refrigerate at least one hour before using.
- The calories and nutrition analysis is for the whole batch.