I love making these Crock Pot Herbed Almonds or Party Nuts for any kind of party. From Tapas night to a small happy hour to a baby shower to Thanksgiving dinner, I’ve made these for every type of gathering. They’re a perfect addition to my Tapas spread that I’ve been sharing: Grilled Red Pepper and Garlic Dip, Manchego Crackers, and Crock Pot Herbed Almonds.
They’re a great appetizer or snack for people to nosh on. They’re super easy on the host because it’s all just mixed in the crock pot and stirred a couple of times. They smell amazing as they cook. And, it’s a nice healthy alternative to some appetizers, or a healthy addition to a feast party spread.
I’ve even mixed up all the ingredients in the crock pot the night before and just left it, cold, on the counter overnight. Closer to the start of my party, I’ll turn the crock pot on so we have a nice warm appetizer with minimal work on my part the day of the event.
When the almonds have cooked and are right out of the slow cooker they’re a little soft; they crisp up after cooling a little.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a 1 ½ quart slow cooker. Cover, and cook on high for 1 ½ hours, stirring every 30 minutes, until nuts are fragrant and toasted.
- Serve warm, or allow to cool.
- 2 cups; 8 servings at 1/4 cup each