Coconut Carob Brownie Bars from Mother’s Day Brunch 2013.
Update: These Yummy Brownie Bars have been featured in this Buzzfeed post “13 Amazing Brownies To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth”. Hop over and take a look at all the other awesome brownie recipes!
Mom loved these! She’s a coconut fan, so these were perfect for her. I doubt these lasted very long in her house.
I was surprised at how soft these turned out. Tasty, but I think they’re better eaten with a fork than with your fingers.
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- ½ tablespoon mild tasting honey
- 5 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place the pecans in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse several times until very finely ground. Add the almond flour, vanilla, coconut oil, carob powder and honey, and pulse until well combined and fine in texture.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and evenly spread the brownie batter in the dish. You will have a very thin brownie layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients for the coconut layer together and evenly pour it over the brownie layer. Bake for 12 minutes at 350°F or until set. Remove from oven, and allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.