These Coconut Bars are really easy to make, and super tasty little bite sized treats. These are vegan, filled with healthy coconut, and Paleo-friendly. I love them because of their flavor. They are defiantly a coconut treat! They’re deceptive too; they taste like they’re filled with naughtiness, but in reality, they’re filled with nice!
I posted a recipe for Chocolate “Mousse” Cups the other day using COCOZIA 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. Like I said in that post, “I really like their coconut oil; it’s organic, cold pressed, non-GMO, and Free of Pesticides, Bleach, Hexane and Trans Fats. Coconut oil is great for cooking and baking. It has a rich butter-like texture and mouth-feel, so it’s a great vegan substitute for butter. It’s liquid at increased temperatures, and solid at lower temperatures. It’s easy to work with, and it’s delicious!”
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan combine coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt. Cook, stirring, over low heat, about 5 minutes, or until the shredded coconut has softened and absorbed some of the oil. Remove from heat, and add stir in the vanilla. Pour the mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Firmly pack the mixture down, and refrigerate for at least an hour. Cut into bars.
- If the coconut bars stick in the pan, place the pan in a shallow dish of hot water for a minute, and it will loosen, and come out.
- Makes 21 bars