I’ve been under the weather. And, I’m not a good sick person. You know how some women complain about their husbands that the men are horrible sick people? Well, that’s me in our house. I’m the horrible sick person. I whine. I complain. I cry. I don’t want to be sick! I hate it. I hate not getting stuff done. Having to lay around. Yuck. I could do without all of that.
So, anything that helps me feel better, I’m ALL for! That’s where this Cinnamon Sore Throat Tea comes in. It’s good. It soothes and coats. It comforts. It tastes yummy. And, it’s easy to make, so even if you’re home alone and don’t feel like doing anything, you can make it quickly and crawl back in bed.
I like that this Cinnamon Sore Throat Tea has ginger to help nausea as well, as I often get nauseous when I’m sick.
Use the milk of your choice, dairy, plant-based, it’s all good. Besides, I’m a big believer in using what already tastes good to you. For the pictures I used two different kinds of milk so you could see there’s a little difference in the way it looks. I used cashew milk and my husband’s 2% dairy milk. Both were good. Both coated and soothed.
If you like what you see, please click the yum button: Yum
- 1 cup milk (use your favorite dairy or plant-based)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon mild tasting honey
- Place milk in a small saucepan and scald (heat) on low until hot but not boiling. Stir in the cinnamon, ginger, and honey until well mixed. Sip to soothe.
- Or, place all ingredients in a microwave safe cup and microwave on high for 1-1 ½ minutes (microwave times will vary), or until hot. Stir, and sip.