I bring you, the super tasty, Cherry Berry Smoothie!
While I work on pictures and recipes from the baby shower, I thought I’d bring you this yummy smoothie. It was really an unplanned tasty surprise made from things I was trying to use up. But, man was it good!
I had a lot of leftover cherries (I used them in the Anti-Inflammatory Kale Salad) after the baby shower so I made them into Cherry Lime Jam. This really is my favorite jam, so I was excited to get to make some. Mmm, on toast with peanut butter is my favorite way to enjoy it. But, I thought the jam would be tasty as an addition to this smoothie. And, yep, it sure was! And, that pretty purple color is awesome!
This smoothie is really easy, really tasty, and quite healthy. I just love it!
- 1 can (6 oz) pineapple juice
- 1 medium white peach, pit removed
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2-3 tablespoons cherry jam, homemade preferred
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 big handful ice
- Place the ingredients into the blender, and blend for about 1 minute, until smooth. Pour into a big glass.