Caramelized Onion Dip
This Caramelized Onion Dip is super yummy. Like stick your fingers into the dip and lick them yummy.
I love that it’s made with all whole ingredients too. No packaged stuff. No pouches of mix. Your whole family will love this, and you’ll love how real it is.
Serve it at your next party or get-together!
If you like what you see, click the yum button: Yum
Or, add to a Flipboard magazineAdd to Flipboard Magazine.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups (about 2 large onions) onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup light (not fat free) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (about 1 ½ ounces) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, swirling to coat pan. Add chopped onion to pan and sauté 10 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce heat to low, and add thyme and salt to pan; cook 20 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove onion mixture from heat. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring until blended and cheese melts.
- Serve with hearty crackers, slices of bread, tortillas chips, or sliced veggies.
- Makes 12 servings (serving size: 3 tablespoons)