This was a big hit at Easter with both young and old. (Check out what I brought to Easter here.) Several people asked for this recipe. It was super easy to make. I made it a couple of days ahead so that I didn’t have any last-minute prep work to do on it. So nice, because I just took it out of the fridge and let it soften to room temperature before serving.
I served the spread with water crackers and gluten-free rice crackers. It would also be delicious served on apple wedges with a drizzle of honey. Or, take a little and mound it inside an endive spear and top with a toasted walnut half. Fancy! I think it would also be great for a sandwich spread, maybe with a fresh tomato slice and a little fresh basil. mmmmm.
I’ll definitely make this one again!
- 4-ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Pinch of coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 ounces (1 cup) crumbled good quality blue cheese
- In a medium bowl, stir cream cheese with a sturdy fork until softened. Mix in walnuts; season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in blue cheese, breaking up as little as possible. Transfer mixture to a small bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, up to 1 week. Allow spread to sit at room temperature about an hour before serving.
- Makes 1 1/3 cups