My husband’s favorite potato chips are BBQ flavor Potato Chips. So, I thought I’d try to make his favorite as well. I bring you, my final Spice Mix for the Baked Potato Chips … BBQ Potato Chips. These were great, smoky, BBQ, fresh!
Just like the Sour Cream & Onion Potato Chips, these BBQ Chips are best when the spice mix is sprinkled on after the Baked Potato chips come out of the oven. When the mix was sprinkled on before baking, most of the flavor was gone. If you sprinkle the mixture onto the hot chips when they come right out of the oven, even before you take them off the baking tray, the mix sticks pretty well. If you wait too long, the mix doesn’t stick too well, but that’s ok if you don’t tilt your chip when you bite it!
The flavor of these BBQ Potato Chips actually tastes like a good BBQ rub rather than the kinda fake-like taste of some of the store-bought BBQ chips. Heck, I bet this spice mix would be an excellent BBQ rub.
So, make your chips with the recipe for Baked Potato Chips found here, salt them, and then sprinkle with spice mix. Devour. repeat!
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all spice mix ingredients together in a small dish. Bake Potato Chips, and as soon as the chips come out of the oven, sprinkle with spice mix. Devour!
- For Printing: find the recipe for the Homemade Baked Potato Chips here: http://wp.me/p1Nzoa-3Ne